Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Is Here

It is difficult to get my head around it but 2010 has arrived! Where has the time gone?! It is about time to get started on those new year's resolutions, don't you think? I have determined to keep my list short. Over the years I have discovered that these new goals get bogged down in a matter of weeks if not days. It is hard to keep motivated.

One thing for sure, I plan on keeping focused on what is most important and enjoying the moment. Perhaps it is aging that does it. For whatever the reason as time sprints on I am more aware of living in the present. There is not much I can do to alter the course of past events. The future is also difficult to do get a handle on. Personally, I like what the apostle wrote. "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15-16) If I make the best use of the time I have life will be more in line with what the good Lord intended.

One thing is certain: there is no promise for tomorrow. So I intend to be present at all times and do my best to appreciate what God has extended my direction. Be sure keep close to God and to enjoy today.

Oh...and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment